When it comes to careers in software development, it's a must for aspiring developers to work on their own projects. Developing real-world projects is the best way to hone your skills and translate your theoretical knowledge into practical experience. The more you experiment with different Machine Learning projects, the more knowledge you will gain.
While textbooks and study materials will give you all the knowledge you need about ML, you will never be able to master Machine Learning unless you invest your time in hands-on, real-life experiments – Machine Learning projects. As you start working on machine learning project ideas, you'll not only be able to test your strengths and weaknesses, but you'll also gain exposure that can be immensely helpful in furthering your career.
Cool Machine Learning Project Ideas
This list of machine learning project ideas is suitable for beginners and those just starting out with ML or data science in general. These machine learning project ideas will get you moving forward with all the practicalities you need to succeed in your career as an ML professional. The focal point of these Machine Learning projects are Machine Learning algorithms for beginners, that is, algorithms that do not require you to have a deep understanding of machine learning and are therefore perfect for students and beginners.
- Stock Price Predictor: Business organizations and companies today are in search of software that can monitor and analyze the performance of the company and predict the future prices of various stocks. And with so much data available on the stock market, it's abuzz with opportunities for data scientists with a financial bent.
- Sports Predictor: Since there is no shortage of data in the world of sports, you can use this data to create fun and creative Machine Learning projects, such as using college sports statistics to predict which player would have the best career in which particular sport (search for talents). You can also choose to improve team management by analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of the players in a team and ranking them accordingly.
- Sentiment Analyzer: Although most of us use social media platforms to broadcast our personal feelings and opinions for the world to see, one of the biggest challenges lies in understanding the 'feelings' behind social media posts.
- Improve Healthcare: AI and ML applications have already begun to penetrate the healthcare industry and are rapidly transforming the face of global healthcare as well. Wearables for healthcare, remote monitoring, telemedicine, robotic surgery, etc., are made possible by AI-powered Machine Learning algorithms. They are not only helping HCPs (Health Care Providers) to deliver faster and better healthcare services, but they are also reducing the dependency and workload on physicians to a significant extent.
- Diagnostic care systems that can automatically scan images, x-rays, etc., and provide an accurate diagnosis of potential diseases.
- Preventive care apps that can predict the chances of epidemics like flu, malaria, etc., both at the national and community levels.
- Neural Network that can Read Handwriting: One of the best ideas to start experiencing hands-on Java projects for students is to work on neural networks. Deep Learning and Neural Networks are the two AI buzzwords. These have given us technological marvels like driverless cars, image recognition, etc. So now is the time to explore the field of neural networks. Start your neural network Machine Learning project with the MNIST Handwritten Digit Sorting Challenge. It has a very easy to use interface that is ideal for beginners.
- Movie Ticket Pricing System: The cost of making a full-length movie has skyrocketed exponentially in the recent past. Only 10% of the movies that are made make a profit. Stiff competition from TV and OTT platforms, coupled with the high cost of tickets, has made it even more difficult for movies to make money. The rising cost of theater admission (along with the cost of popcorn) leaves the movie theater empty.
An advanced ticket pricing system can definitely help movie makers and viewers. Ticket prices may be higher with increased demand for tickets and vice versa. The sooner the viewer books the ticket, the lower the cost for a movie in high demand. The system should intelligently calculate prices based on viewer interest, social signals, and supply and demand factors.
- Predict Wine Quality: It is a well-established fact that age makes wine better: the older the wine, the better it will taste. However, age is not the only thing that determines the taste of a wine. Numerous factors determine wine quality certification, including physicochemical tests such as amount of alcohol, fixed acidity, volatile acidity, density, and pH level, to name a few.
In this ML project, you need to develop an ML model that can explore the chemical properties of a wine to predict its quality. The wine quality data set you will use for this project consists of approximately 4,898 observations, including 11 independent variables and one dependent variable.